Now Hiring - Dance Seamstress
- Job Posted 7 May 2019
Seamstress to Sew Dance Competition Costumes
Utah Dance Artists is looking to hire exceptional and experienced seamstresses to sew custom dance competition costumes.
We are looking to hire individuals who are able to sew 4-7 designs of costumes for 3-14 dancers per design (typically between 20-30 costumes for competition season). These individuals need to be skilled working with all types of fabrics.
- We submit all costume designs to the seamstress September - October and expect all costumes to be completed by the end of January.
- After receiving costume designs:
- Seamstress completes one costume for our directors to look at in order to make sure the design, the fit, etc. is on target.
- Seamstress then completes all the costumes for all dancers wearing that specific design.
- Seamstress conducts a personal fitting for each dancer to try on to make sure costume fits and no adjustments need to be made.
- Seamstress completes all costumes by the end of January.
- The budget we have to pay is between $65 - $100 per costume depending on design and fabric.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a detailed resume which includes your sewing experience (particularly dance costume experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org.