Now Hiring Dance Instructors at UDA
We appreciate your interest in teaching at Utah Dance Artists!
Utah Dance Artists has locations in South Jordan and Draper. Our South Jordan location is home to UDA’s Technical and Performance Dance Programs and our Draper location is home to our Varsity and Conservatory Competitive Dance programs and UDA Creative Arts Preschool.
We are looking for professional and experienced team members who fit our culture, “Shine on Stage and in Life”, who are highly proficient in teaching classical ballet, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, tumbling, ballroom and/or tap.
- Currently majoring in dance or has received a degree in dance
- Experience dancing professionally or on a collegiate dance team
- Has a passion for teaching
- Believes that dance lessons teach "life lessons"
- Has the desire to be a positive role model in the lives of young people
- Knows the difference between "giving" class and "teaching" class
- Effective communicator
- Not a fan of gossip or speaking negatively of others
- Loyal, collaborative and teachable
- Enthusiastic, structured and commands respect
- Dedicated, organized and hard working
- Fill out Hiring Questionnaire.
- Email a current head shot (if available) and a bio/resume which includes your dance training, post high school dance education and teaching experience to TammistyKatz@utahdanceartists.com.
- Upon receiving the above items via email, you will be contacted. At this time we will let you know if we would like to schedule a time for you to demo teach and have a personal interview.
- After completing a personal interview, the final step of our hiring process includes teaching a class in the genre to be hired. Potential teachers will be observed and evaluated on their personality, classroom management, technical knowledge and demonstration, classroom pace and energy, method of correction and holding students accountable to their contributions in the classroom.
For those interested in completing our three-step hiring process, please complete Step One ASAP so there is time to complete a personal interview and class observation/evaluation by the end of May. Our goal is to have our fall 2022 – spring 2023 dance schedule in place with teachers assigned to classes by mid-June.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tammisty Katz, Owner/Utah Dance Artists