Now Hiring Dance Instructors at UDA
We appreciate your interest in teaching at Utah Dance Artists! We will start hiring for our 2019 Fall -2020 Spring Session in March of 2019.
Utah Dance Artists, located in South Jordan and Draper, is looking for dance instructors to teach ballet, jazz, hiphop, contemporary, tumbling, ballroom and tap; who can fit in our culture of "Shining on Stage and in Life!"
Now Hiring Conservatory Teachers
UDA is also seeking to hire professional/experienced teachers to work with pre-professional dancers in our Conservatory program. The process of hiring teachers for conservatory is the same. Follow Step One of the hiring process below and denote on email if you only want to be considered for Conservatory employment.
- Currently majoring in dance or a college graduate with a degree in dance
- Experience dancing professionally or on a collegiate dance team
- Has a passion for teaching
- Believes that dance lessons teach "life lessons"
- Has the desire to be a positive role model in the lives of young people
- Knows the difference between "giving" class and "teaching" class
- Is an effective communicator
- Is not a fan of gossip or speaking negatively of others
- Is kind, collaborative and teachable
- Is enthusiastic, creative and commands respect
- Is dedicated, prepared and organized
Hiring Process - Step One
The following must be emailed to Brooke Maxwell at BrookeMaxwellUda@gmail.com
- Attach a current head shot (if available) bio/resume that includes your dance training, post high school dance education and teaching experience.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- Is teaching dance your main job? If hired, is it your desire to teach as many hours as possible or how many hours/classes each week?
- What is your availability for fall 2019-spring 2020 session? Is your schedule completely open or what specific times and days you can work?
- Are you interested and available to teach preschool and kindergarten dancers during the day?
- What dance genres are you proficient and have the desire to teach?
- Are you only interested in teaching a certain level or age of dancer or are you willing and able to work with all ages and levels? If you are willing to teach all ages/levels, is there a specific age/level you enjoy most or feel most effective as a teacher?
- What has been your hourly pay in the past for teaching?
- Are you available to work in the summer and if so what is your availability?
Hiring Process - Step Two
- Upon receiving the above items via email, you will be contacted. At this time we will let you know if we would like to schedule a time for you to demo teach and have a personal interview.
- If you are interested in completing this process, please follow through with the first step ASAP so we can schedule demo teaching and personal interviews by the end of May. We aim to have our schedule in place with teachers assigned to classes by mid-June.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at Utah Dance Artists. We look forward to hearing from you!
Brooke Maxwell, Owner/Utah Dance Artists