About Utah Dance Artists
What's In Our Name? UTAH DANCE ARTISTS
We embody the values of the people in Utah we serve: morality, ethics, modesty in dress and movement and honesty in business are reflected in the way we run our organization.
We employ dance as the vehicle to empower our associates to excellence; teaching important life skills such as respect, hard work, commitment, and self-discipline.
We exemplify ourselves as valued and respected artists. This is reflected in the way our students are revered and treated. Our end-goal is to produce successful "Dance Artists;" assisting each dancer to prosper in their personal dance goals.
Who We Are
Utah Dance Artists (UDA) was founded in 2001 and is owned by Tammisty Katz. The business has grown from a one room, basement dance studio to the largest dance studio in the Salt Lake Valley.
UDA is conveniently located in South Jordan, Utah (easy access from I-15 off 106th and 114th south exits) and in Draper (directly west of I-15 on the frontage road at 12896 South).
Utah Dance Artists offers dance classes for dancers age 18 months - 18 years old in the genres of ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip-hop, ballroom and tumbling. Additionally, we provide technical, performance and competitive opportunities for beginning through pre-professional levels; valuing every student’s education and opportunity for growth.
Why Choose Utah Dance Artists?
- Teaching Staff - 55 instructors are collegiate and/or professionally trained; offering the largest and most qualified faculty in the Salt Lake Valley
- Facility - Two state of art facilities offering 10 dance studios with professional raised marley floors, secure full length mirrors, mounted barres and surround sound music systems
- Customer Care - 35 Administrative and Customer Care Members who are friendly, knowledgeable and committed to superior organization and service
- Artistic Director/Owner: Tammisty Katz; Award winning dance teacher passionate about sharing her love for dance and teaching
- Syllabus - All faculty members follow a progressive and comprehensive studio syllabus which is crafted to build our dancers technique and performance skills level upon level and year upon year
- Proper Placement - At the end of the year, each enrolled student (level 4 and up) is personally evaluated by the studio director, guaranteeing proper placement for the following year
- Professional Year End Recital - The annual recital is held at Riverton High School.; providing anamazing performing experience for every student
- Programs - We offer programs for dancers of every age and level; providing the opportunity for dancers to start, stay and grow at Utah Dance Artists. The programs below provide a path for dancers to progress from beginning to pre-professional levels:
- Technical – UDA’s inclusive program for dancers age 18 months – 18 years old which allows dancers to select the genres they take each week
- STARS – Non-competitive performance program for 1st – 6th grade dancers
- Elite Performance Group – Non-competitive performance program for 7th - 12th grade dancers
- Varsity- Advanced level competitive dance program for 1st – 12th grade dancers
- Conservatory – Pre-professional competitive dance program for 2nd - 12th grade dancers
- Ballet Conservatory – Advanced level competitive ballet program for 5th - 12th grade dancers
- Darby’s Dancers – Non-profit organization for special needs dancers to take dance free of charge
- Beginning – Program for 5th – 12th grade dancers with little to no former dance training
Our Draper & South Jordan Studios
After 21 success years, Utah Dance Artists was purchased by current owner Tammisty Katz. Tammisty's passion for dance and love for teaching continues to add to the success of Utah Dance Artists. With nearly 1000 students, Utah Dance Artists ranks as one of the largest and most successful dance studios in Utah. Join us and discover why so many dancers and parents LOVE UDA!
UDA expanded, opening a second beautiful facility in Draper. Located on the west frontage road of I-15, the studio boasts easy freeway access. The spacious 4 room dance studio doubled the existing dance space for UDA students. All dance rooms have visitor viewing windows, raised Marley floors and state of the art music sound systems. In 2015, the UDA Preschool Program began, offering a variety of preschool class choices for children ages 2-4.
UDA opened it's brand new facility on Redwood Road in South Jordan. Built to specification, the 5100 square foot studio housed 4 spacious dance rooms with visitor viewing windows, raised Marley floors and a state of the art music system. Students also enjoy the fully furnished kitchen and study area. In 2017, UDA expanded into the adjacent unit, formerly occupied by Enterprise Car Rental, and added 2 additional dance studios.
Utah Dance Artists moved into it's new location and more than doubled it's space. The West Jordan studio had 2 large dance rooms, a main lobby with visitor viewing windows and an office area. Three years later, in 2008, the studio expanded into an adjacent unit and added a 3rd dance room.
Brooke Anderson Maxwell created her own dance studio, Utah Dance Artists, and began teaching classes in a basement studio in her West Jordan home. The first year she taught each and every class. The second year the studio expanded and added 4 additional teachers. The studio soon became very popular and outgrew the single dance room in Brooke's home.