STARS Performance Team
The STARS Performance Team is for UDA dancers going into Kindergarten – 6th grade for the 2021-2022 school year. Using the community as their stage, dancers have the opportunity to perform and grow artistically in the genres of ballet and jazz, in a non-competitive environment. Through participation, STARS dancers cultivate important life skills in areas of respect, responsibility, and accountability, to self and others, as a contributing dance team member.
STARS is divided into four age groups. Participants in Kindergarten through 6th grade can choose to participate in one performance genre (either ballet or jazz) or take part in both!
- Kinder - Kindergarten
- Petite - 1st & 2nd Grade
- Mini - 3rd & 4th Grade
- Junior - 5th & 6th Grade
*A minimum of 8 dancers are required to create a STARS group. We reserve the right to move dancers to a group outside their age/grade level, depending on enrollment numbers.
These STARS teams are full for the 2021-22 dance season:
- Petite Jazz and Ballet (1st & 2nd grade)
- Mini Jazz (3rd & 4th grade)
- Junior Jazz (5th & 6th grade)
- Dancers must withdraw from STARS by Tuesday, August 17, 2021 to avoid being charged the yearly STARS Program Fee.
- How Do I Enroll?
- Complete a STARS commitment form at the UDA Customer Care Office
- Pay a $30 non-refundable commitment fee - Due with STARS Contract
- Pay the $25 contingency fee (description of this fee in the program guide)
- Deadline for enrollment: Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Last day to withdraw from STARS to avoid being charge the yearly program fee is Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
- Important Dates & Times:
- Parent Meeting: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 7:00 pm @ SoJo Studio
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wednesday, August 15th, 2018, 7 pm @ SoJo Studio
Dates & Enrollment
We reserve the right to move dancers to a different team (in the same genre) if needed, depending on enrollment numbers. In order to create a team there needs to be a minimum of 10 dancers.Read More About Committment & Cost