The most important classes for dancers at this level: Classical Ballet, Jazzand Contemporary.
- The focus of UDA’s Beginning Classes, for novice dancers, is to strengthen their technical foundation, body alignment and posture, to provide a strong foundation for continued dance education.
- Beginning Ballet is a recital class held once per week. If a beginning level dancer is serious about mainstreaming into the UDA intermediate and advanced ballet levels they are strongly encouraged to add the Beginning Ballet Intensive 1-2 class (as a second technical ballet class each week).
- Beginning Jazz is a recital class held once per week. If a beginning level dancer is serious about mainstreaming into the UDA intermediate and advanced jazz levels they are strongly encouraged to add the Turns & Leaps Class ( level 5-6/ Beginning 1-2/Int A) as a second technical jazz class each week.
- Beginning Contemporary is a class that is important to add if the dancer wants to be on high school dance company or a competitive dance team as these programs are typically contemporary/modern based
- Additional classes available for dancers this level: Tumbling, Hip-Hop, and Tap.
- Programs available for dancers this level: Stars Ballet and Jazz Performance Programs (for 5th and 6th graders), and Elites Performance Program (for dancers in 7th grade and above).