UDA CONSERVATORY Competitive Program
UDA CONSERVATORY Competitive Program
UDA Conservatory is a pre-professional competitive program for dancers who will be in the 2nd - 12th grades for the 2023-2024 dance year. Through participation, dancers will intensify their training to result in a higher level of technique, performance and artistry; providing the education and experience needed to continue dance in higher education or a professional career.
Conservatory is divided into four teams, each receiving instruction in classical ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, tap and ballroom.
- Minis: 2nd - 5th grade
- Juniors: 5th - 7th grade
- Teens: 7th - 10th grade
- Seniors: 10th - 12th grade
Conservatory Ballet Competitive Program
Conservatory Ballet is an optional, add-on program for Conservatory dancers in the 6th – 12th grade who want to intensify their ballet study through pre-professional training. Dancers are grouped according to individual level, with age consideration, as opposed to being grouped by team participation
Click here to read more information about the Conservatory Ballet Competitive Program.
Conservatory Dance Team Competitive Program
Conservatory Dance Team (CDT) is an optional, add-on program for Conservatory dancers in the 7th-12th grade who want to intensify their training in the areas of turns, leaps, tricks and acro to advance their level of education in the collegiate dance team standards. Dancers on a Conservatory team or high school team are invited to add this program.
Click here to read more information about the Conservatory Dance Team Competitive Program.
- In previous years, dancers who were not a part of the Conservatory program who wanted to audition, had to receive a personal invitation. This year, the policy has changed. Any dancer who wants to audition for Conservatory may do so without an invitation. Dancers, who have never participated in a competitive program, are encouraged to first attend the Varsity audition. Dancers who audition for Varsity, whom we feel should consider auditioning for Conservatory, will be notified after attending the Varsity audition.
- Attend the Pre-Audition Mandatory Parent Meeting: Monday, May 20, 2019, 7:30 pm @ Draper Studio
- Complete audition form and pay non-refundable audition fee of $30 online beginning April 22nd.
- Audition dates and times: May 21st & 22nd, 2019
- Conservatory Minis *(1st - 4th grades attend): Tuesday, May 21st from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Conservatory Juniors *(5th - 6th grades attend): Tuesday, May 21st from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Conservatory Teens *(7th - 9th grades attend): Wednesday, May 22nd from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Conservatory Seniors *(10th - 11th grades attend): Wednesday, May 22nd from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Turn in post-dated check at auditions for $350 for the Summer Dance Intensive payable to UDA dated May 23, 2019. This check serves as a deposit. If your child does not make a team it will be shredded. If your child makes the team it will be cashed. If your child decides not to take their team placement after auditions, there will be no refund on this deposit
- Mini Level: $350
- Junior, Teen & Senior Levels: $370
- Placement Notification: On Friday, May 24, 2019 via email.
Conservatory Program Auditions
All About Auditions
Please consider the level of commitment and financial responsibility that comes with being part of these intensive programs. Dancers who have a desire to achieve a higher level of technique and artistry are encouraged to audition for these programs; however, not all dancers who audition will be placed on a team or in a company. Dancers are selected based on their technical ability, performance, artistry, and overall cohesiveness with dancers of a similar ability.
Congratulations 2019 - 2020 Conservatory Teams
Amy Beth Anderson