Conservatory Competition Teams
All About Conservatory Competitive Program
Conservatory is a pre-professional level competitive program for dancers in the 2nd - 12th grades who have a desire to dance to a higher level of technique, performance and artistry with the goal of continuing dance in higher eduction or as a professional career.
Conservatory is divided into four levels of participation:
- Minis: 2nd - 5th grade dancers
- Juniors: 5th - 7th grade dancers
- Teens: 7th - 10th grade dancers
- Seniors: 10th - 12th grade dancers
Ballet Conservatory is an add-on program for Junior, Teen, and Senior dancers who already participate in the Conservatory Competitive Program, and serves as an extra training opportunity for Varsity and EPG dancers. Ballet Conservatory provides additional training in ballet technique, pointe and variations, providing a pre-professional training program for serious ballet students. Dancers are grouped according to ability level with age consideration.
Read more information about Ballet Conservatory.
- In previous years, dancers who were not a part of the Conservatory program who wanted to audition, had to receive a personal invitation. This year, the policy has changed. Any dancer who wants to audition for Conservatory may do so without an invitation. Dancers, who have never participated in a competitive program, are encouraged to first attend the Varsity audition. Dancers who audition for Varsity, whom we feel should consider auditioning for Conservatory, will be notified after attending the Varsity audition.
- Attend the Pre-Audition Mandatory Parent Meeting: Monday, May 20, 2019, 7:30 pm @ Draper Studio
- Complete audition form and pay non-refundable audition fee of $30 online beginning April 22nd.
- Audition dates and times: May 21st & 22nd, 2019
- Conservatory Minis *(1st - 4th grades attend): Tuesday, May 21st from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Conservatory Juniors *(5th - 6th grades attend): Tuesday, May 21st from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Conservatory Teens *(7th - 9th grades attend): Wednesday, May 22nd from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Conservatory Seniors *(10th - 11th grades attend): Wednesday, May 22nd from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Turn in post-dated check at auditions for $350 for the Summer Dance Intensive payable to UDA dated May 23, 2019. This check serves as a deposit. If your child does not make a team it will be shredded. If your child makes the team it will be cashed. If your child decides not to take their team placement after auditions, there will be no refund on this deposit
- Mini Level: $350
- Junior, Teen & Senior Levels: $370
- Placement Notification: On Friday, May 24, 2019 via email.
Conservatory Program Auditions
All About Auditions
Please consider the level of commitment and financial responsibility that comes with being part of these intensive programs. Dancers who have a desire to achieve a higher level of technique and artistry are encouraged to audition for these programs; however, not all dancers who audition will be placed on a team or in a company. Dancers are selected based on their technical ability, performance, artistry, and overall cohesiveness with dancers of a similar ability.
Congratulations 2019 - 2020 Conservatory Teams
Amy Beth Anderson