Stars - Program Info
Stars - Program Info
For Dancers in Kindergarter - 6th Grade
The UDA STARS performance program is for dancers in kindergarten through 6th grades. This program is designed to give dancers additional experience in artistic development, performance, accountability and responsibility.
The UDA STARS Program is designed to give dancers experience in artistic development and performance in the genres of ballet and jazz. Using our community as the vehicle, we find opportunities for STARS dancers to grow as artists in a non-competitive environment. Dancers learn the importance of being responsible to self and accountability to others as a member of a team.
YEARLY PROGRAM FEE: $414
Amortized over 9 months: $46 monthly paid on the 1st of the month from September - May
(*in addition to regular tuition)
Program Fee includes Christmas costume, spring recital costume, choreography fees, holiday performance fee, manager/director fees.
Program Fee does not include technical program tuition and fees, team jacket, garment bag, contingency fee, nude leotard, dance shoes, and tights. STARS dancers will receive tights at a discounted rate for their Christmas and spring recital costumes.
Dancers who are going to be in kindergarten through 6th grade are eligible to enroll in Stars Permance Group
ALL MANDATORY EVENTS WILL TAKE PLACE AT SOUTH JORDAN STUDIO
*There must be a minimum of 8 dancers to create an Stars. We reserve the right to move a dancer to a group outside their level, depending on enrollment numbers.
How To Enroll
- Complete an Stars commitment form
- Pay a $25 non-refundable commitment fee for each genre online with commitment form. A $30 contingency fee will be charged on August 14, 2019 after enrollment closes for Stars. (*description of the contingency fee below under "Additional Requirements and Fees")
- Enrollment deadline: Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Priority registration for fall is available to dancers who enroll in Stars by June 15, 2019. *Pre-registration is Monday, June 17, 2019 and Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
- Last Day to Withdraw: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 is last day to withdraw and not be charged the yearly program fee.
- PARENT INFORMATION MEETING: Tuesday, May 14, 7:00
This meeting will provide information regarding Stars and the opportunity to meet the director and manager and have questions answered.
- MANDATORY PARENT AND DANCER WELCOME MEETING: Tuesday, August 13, 7:00
This meeting will jump start the year. At this meeting, dancers will be measured for their jackets and parents will receive important yearly information.
Classes - Choreography - Fees - Etc
Performance dates will be provided as they are available. STARS members are required to participate in the following performances:
- An original Christmas Production, “T’was the Night Before Christmas” at The Festival of Trees, Dicken’s Festival, Carrington Court and Holiday Magic
- A recital number, which will be performed at various community events, as well as the UDA Spring Recital
Summer classes are not mandatory for Stars dancers, but strongly encouraged. UDA’S four-week summer session focuses on ballet, jazz, contemporary. acro/tumbling, tap and hip-hop classes. The classes help dancers maintain flexibility, strength and technique over the two-month summer break. Please refer to the 2019 Summer Dance information to see what is available for your dancer.
- Days and times of these classes will be available onlin Monday, May 6, 2019
- A $30 non-refundable registration fee is applied to all students who enroll in technical classes
- The cost of the monthly tuition is figured by using the UDA Tuition Scale
- Weekly Stars class requirements:
- STARS dancers are required to take the correct level/class for their age group
- Ballet STARS must take the paired recital and technique classes
- Jazz STARS may either take the paired ballet recital and technique classes OR a jazz recital and turns and leaps class.
- Dancers who participate in both Ballet and Jazz STARS are required to take the paired ballet recital and technique classes.
- STARS dancers (ballet and/or jazz) who take recreational classes on Friday or Saturday are able to meet their required technical classes by enrolling in the recreational ballet recital class on Friday or Saturday and adding an additional ballet technique class during the week OR by enrolling in a Friday or Saturday recreational ballet class and jazz recital class (which is also on Friday or Saturday)
- Monthly tuition is paid on the first business day of each month from September - May
- August and June are half months and paid together as a full month tuition upon fall registration
- Accounts will be charged a $100 Recital fee with October tuition. This fee covers recital participation, four complimentary tickets, and professional HD files of all UDA end of year performances.
The following are mandatory rehearsal dates for ALL STARS dancers:
- Date: Saturday, November 2, 2019 - TBA (T'was The Night)
- Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - TBA (Spring Critique)
- Contingency Fee: $30 - due on August, 14th after enrollment for Stars. The fee is only collected once regardlessif the dancers enrolls in jazz, ballet or both. *the contingency fund covers any unexpected costs related to your dancer’s program. Money not used during the year will be credited back to your UDA account on May 1st
- Team Jacket: $65 - A company jacket fee will be charged on September 1, 2019 to EPG dancers. *every three years a new team jacket will be purchased - this will be year #3
- Stars Photo Shoot: Scheduled for September 7, 2019. All dancers are required to be in their team photos. *specific times TBA
- Withdrawal: Withdrawing from the STARS program before the dance season ends will require a $30 withdrawal fee and the payment of all remaining program fees. No refund on any past paid fees will be given.
In addition to the required STARS classes, we encourage participation in these additional fall classes for optimal technical training:
*When selecting additional fall session classes, STARS dancers may not add additional classes on Tuesdays due to extended rehearsal that may take place