Conservatory Ballet Program Information
Conservatory Ballet - Program Info
Open to Conservatory Program Dancers 6th - 12th Grades
The Conservatory Ballet Competitive Program is an optional, add-on program, for Conservatory dancers in the 6th – 12th grades who wish to compete in the genre of ballet and intensify their ballet study with pre-professional training.
Ballet serves as a foundational structure for many dance styles including jazz, musical theater, contemporary, modern, etc. UDA’s solid ballet training sets us apart from other studios in the valley. Dancers hoping to, in the future, possibly attend university dance auditions and/or pre-professional programs in ballet, jazz, musical theater, or contemporary/modern are strongly advised to audition. Participating dancers are grouped according to ability level with age consideration, as opposed to being grouped by their team participation.
YEARLY PROGRAM FEE: $1240
Amortized over 10 months: $124 monthly (*paid on the 1st of the month from July - April)
This fee covers weekly choreography rehearsal, variations class, four competition entry fees, critique, competition costume fee and director and manager fees.
Open to Conservatory Dancers 6TH - 12TH Grades
AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE AT DRAPER STUDIO MAY 20, 2023
Auditions – Mandatory Four Step Process
- 1. Fill out and submit the online audition form
- 2. Submit a $35 audition fee
- 3. Attend the mandatory Parent Information Meeting : Wednesday, May 10, 2023- 6:00pm
- 4. Attend Ballet Conservatory AUDITIONS Saturday, May 20, 2023 AND Conservatory AUDITIONS for the correct grade on May 17 or 18, 2023.
Wednesday & Thursday, May 17 & 18, 2023
ATTEND CONSERVATORY AUDITIONS for your correct grade.
Saturday, May 20, 2023
BALLET CONSERVATORY AUDITIONS - Must attend all three - 9:30am - 1:30pm
- 9:30 - 11:00 am: Ballet Technique audition ($15 fee) – for level placement in Ballet Intensive
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Pointe Technique ($10 fee) – for level placement in Pointe Technique.
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Conservatory Competitive Ballet Placement and Pointe Variations Audition ($10 fee) – Only Conservatory 2022-23 dancers and hopeful Conservatory dancers considering the Ballet Competitive Program need to attend. *Conservatory Junior, Teen and Senior dancers that would like to be placed for variations but not the Competitive Ballet Program should attend this portion of the audition. The audition may be en pointe or in flat shoes.
Thursday, May 25, 2023
Placement notification sent via email
Classes - Choreography - Fees - Etc
Dancers must add the following additional classes to their weekly schedule:
- Conservatory Ballet Rehearsal *included in the monthly program fee
- Ballet Intensive (serves as a fourth ballet class each week) *not included in the monthly program fee and will add an additional 1.5 hours on the UDA tuition scale.
- Pointe Technique *not included in the monthly program fee and will add an additional hour on the UDA tuition scale.
- Pointe Variations (serves as a second pointe class each week) *is included in the monthly program fee.
- Charged at the time ballet choreography is learned
- Fee split between all dancers who participate
- If the choreographer adds a prop to the routine, this cost will also be divided among all participating dancers
- Dancers who participate in the conservatory ballet competitive program may train for the Youth America Grand Prix Competition or other internationally renowned ballet competitions.
- Dancers pay for private training, costumes, registration fee, competition fees, and contribute toward travel costs (if applicable).
- The opportunity and related costs will be discussed on an individual basis. Inquiries welcome.
- Effective July 1st
- $250 cancellation fee
- Pay all choreography and costume fees
- No refund will be given on past paid monthly fees or tuition
- Pay all administrative fees